Goodhue County, Minnesota Records
Goodhue County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on March 5, 1853 (Organized in 1854) from Dakota County and Wabasha County. The county was named in honor of James Madison Goodhue, first printer and editor in Minnesota. Printed first issue of the Minnesota Pioneer on April 28, 1849.
Goodhue County is bordered by Pierce County, Wisconsin (northeast), Pepin County, Wisconsin (northeast), Wabasha County (east,southeast), Olmsted County (southeast), Dodge County (southwest), Rice County (west), Dakota County (northwest).
Goodhue County Cities and Towns include Bellechester, Cannon Falls, Dennison‡, Goodhue, Kenyon, Lake City, Pine Island, Red Wing, Wanamingo, Zumbrota.
Goodhue County Townships include Belle Creek, Belvidere, Cannon Falls, Cherry Grove, Featherstone, Florence, Goodhue, Hay Creek, Holden, Kenyon, Leon, Minneola, Pine Island, Roscoe, Stanton, Vasa, Wacouta, Wanamingo, Warsaw, Welch, Zumbrota Townships.
A Map of Goodhue County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Goodhue County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Goodhue County, MN Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Goodhue county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Goodhue County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1870, Marriage Records from 1854 and Land Records from 1853. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Goodhue County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1854 and Court Records from 1854. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Goodhue County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Goodhue County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Goodhue County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Goodhue County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Goodhue County Historical Society
- Goodhue Area Historical Society
- Cannon Falls Area Historical Society
- Friends of the Florence Town Hall
- Wanamingo Historical Society, 572 Second Ave., Wanamingo MN 55983; Phone: 507 824-2627
- Minnesota Historical Society Research Center, 1500 Mississippi Street, St. Paul, MN 55101, (612) 296-6980
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Genealogy Boards
Goodhue County, Minnesota External Links
- Minnesota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Books - Amazon
- Goodhue Co., Minnesota - FindaGrave
- Minnesota Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Minnesota (1849 - 1922)
- Goodhue Co. MNGenweb
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Ancestry Database Collections
- Goodhue County, Minnesota Military Records