Fillmore County, Minnesota Records
Fillmore County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on March 5, 1853 from Wabasha County. The county was named in honor of Millard Fillmore (1800-1874), member of Congress from New York 1833-35 and 1837-43; president of the United States, 1850-53. .
Fillmore County Cities and Towns include Canton, Chatfield, Fountain, Harmony, Lanesboro, Mabel, Ostrander, Peterson, Preston, Rushford Village, Rushford, Spring Valley, Whalan, Wykoff.
Fillmore County Townships include Amherst, Arendahl, Beaver, Bloomfield, Bristol, Canton, Carimona, Carrolton, Chatfield, Fillmore, Forestville, Fountain, Harmony, Holt, Jordan, Newburg, Norway, Pilot Mound, Preble, Preston, Spring Valley, Sumner, York Townships.
A Map of Fillmore County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Fillmore County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Fillmore County, MN Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Fillmore county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Fillmore County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1870, Marriage Records from 1856 and Land Records from 1853. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Fillmore County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1857 and Court Records from 1856. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Fillmore County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Fillmore County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Fillmore County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Fillmore County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Fillmore County History Center and Genealogy Library
- Harmony Area Historical Society
- Peterson Station Museum, PO Box 233, Peterson MN 55962-0233, Museum: 228 Mill St, Peterson MN; Phone: 507 895-2551
- Preston Historical Society, PO Box 138, Preston MN 55965
- Rushford Area Historical Society, 403 East North St., Rushford, MN 55971; Phone:(507) 864-7560
- Spring Valley Community Historical Society
- Minnesota Historical Society Research Center, 1500 Mississippi Street, St. Paul, MN 55101, (612) 296-6980
- Chatfield Historical Society
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Genealogy Boards
Fillmore County, Minnesota External Links
- Minnesota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Books - Amazon
- Fillmore Co., Minnesota - FindaGrave
- Minnesota Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Minnesota (1849 - 1922)
- Fillmore Co. MNGenweb
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Ancestry Database Collections
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Military Records