Concordia Parish, Louisiana Records
Concordia Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 31, 1807 as one of the original 19 parishes. (originally created on April 10, 1805 as Concordia County, Louisana Territory as one of the original 12 counties). The county name is of uncertain origin; may be from an early land grant called New Concordia, from the "concord" reached by local authorities over a mutual surrender of slaves, or for a mansion called Concord which was owned by Spanish Governor Manuel Gayoso de Lemos.
Concordia Parish is bordered by Tensas Parish (north), Adams County, Mississippi (northeast), Wilkinson County, Mississippi (east), West Feliciana Parish (southeast), Pointe Coupee Parish (south), Avoyelles Parish (southwest), Catahoula Parish (west).
Concordia Parish Cities and Towns include Clayton, Ferriday, Ridgecrest, Vidalia.
A Map of Concordia Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Concordia Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Concordia Parish, LA Courthouse
The Concordia Parish Courthouse is located in Vidalia, Louisiana. A tornado destroyed the courthouse around 1843 (most records were destroyed) and it was destroyed by flood in 1927. Learn More About State of Louisiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Concordia parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Concordia Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1840, Land Records from 1850, Probate Records from 1850 and Court Records from 1850. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Concordia Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Concordia Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Concordia Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Central Louisiana Genealogical Society
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Concordia Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Concordia Parish LAGenweb
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana Military Records