Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Records
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 31, 1807 as one of the original 19 parishes. (originally created on April 10, 1805 as Pointe Coupee County, Louisana Territory as one of the original 12 counties). The parish was named for the French phrase la pointe coupée or in English, the cut-off point, which refers to a bend in the Mississippi River..
Pointe Coupee Parish is bordered by Concordia Parish (north), West Feliciana Parish (northeast), West Baton Rouge Parish (east), Iberville Parish (south), St. Martin Parish (southwest), St. Landry Parish (west), Avoyelles Parish (northwest) .
Pointe Coupee Parish Cities and Towns include Fordoche, Livonia, Morganza, New Roads.
A Map of Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Pointe Coupee Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pointe Coupee parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Pointe Coupee Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1735, Land Records from 1780, Probate Records from 1780 and Court Records from 1780. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Pointe Coupee Historical Society
- Le Circle Historique
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Pointe Coupee Parish LAGenweb
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana Military Records