West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Records
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 31, 1807 from Iberville County, Louisiana Territory as one of the original 19 parishes. The parish was named for the french phrase bâton rouge meaning red stick. A red stick was used by local Native Americans to mark the boundaries between tribal territories ..
West Baton Rouge Parish Cities and Towns include Addis, Brusly, Port Allen.
A Map of West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
West Baton Rouge Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in West Baton Rouge parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- West Baton Rouge Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1793, Land Records from 1800s, Probate Records from 1800s and Court Records from 1800s. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Resources
- West Baton Rouge Museum and Historical Society
- West Baton Rouge Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1126, Port Allen 70767-1126
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum
West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- West Baton Rouge Parish LAGenweb
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana Military Records