Shelby County, Kentucky Records
Shelby County Cities and Towns include Bagdad, Chestnut Grove, Christianburg, Clark, Clay Village, Cropper, Finchville, Harrisonville, Hemp Ridge, Hooper, Mt. Eden, Mulberry, Olive Branch, Peytona, Pleasureville, Scotts Station, Shelbyville, Simpsonville, Southville, Todds Point, Waddy.
A Map of Shelby County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Shelby County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Shelby County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Shelby county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Shelby County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1792, Land Records from 1792 and Probate Records from 1794 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Shelby County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1804. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Shelby County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Shelby County Elected Officials
Shelby County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Shelby County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Shelby County, Kentucky Resources
Shelby County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Shelby County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Shelby Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Shelby County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Shelby County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Shelby Co. KYGenweb
- Shelby County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Shelby County, Kentucky Military Records