Oldham County, Kentucky Records
Oldham County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 15, 1823 from Henry County, Shelby County and Jefferson County. The county was named in honor of William Oldham (1753–1791), Revolutionary War colonel .
Oldham County Cities and Towns include Buckner, Crestwood, Goshen, La Grange, Orchard Grass Hills, Park Lake, Pewee Valley, River Bluff, Centerfield.
A Map of Oldham County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Oldham County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Oldham County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Oldham county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Oldhamd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1824, Land Records from 1824 and Probate Records from 1824 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Oldham County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1823. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Oldham County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Oldham County Elected Officials
Oldham County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Oldham County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Oldham County, Kentucky Resources
Oldham County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Oldham County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Oldham Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Oldham County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Oldham County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Oldham Co. KYGenweb
- Oldham County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Oldham County, Kentucky Military Records