Edmonson County, Kentucky Records
Edmonson County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 12, 1825 from Grayson County, Hart County and Warren County. The county was named in honor of John Edmonson (1764–1813), military captain killed at the Battle of Frenchtown.
Edmonson County Cities and Towns include Brownsville, RockyHill.
A Map of Edmonson County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Edmonson County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Edmonson County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Edmonson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Edmonson County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1843, Land Records from 1825 and Probate Records from 1824 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Edmonson County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1824. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Edmonson County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Edmonson County Elected Officials
Edmonson County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Edmonson County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Edmonson County, Kentucky Resources
Edmonson County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Edmonson County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Edmonson Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Edmonson County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Edmonson County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Edmonson Co. KYGenweb
- Edmonson County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Edmonson County, Kentucky Military Records