Crittenden County, Kentucky Records
Crittenden County Cities and Towns include Dycusburg, Marion.
A Map of Crittenden County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crittenden County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Crittenden County, KY Courthouse
The Crittenden County Courthouse is located in Marion, Kentucky. The courthouse was burned by guerillas on 25 Jan 1865 destroying some records. More records were destroyed in a fire which occurred in May 1870. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crittenden county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Crittendend County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1842, Land Records from 1842 and Probate Records from 1833 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Crittenden County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1842. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Crittenden County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Crittenden County Elected Officials
Crittenden County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crittenden County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Crittenden County, Kentucky Resources
- Crittenden County Genealogical Society
- Crittenden County Historical Society
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Message Boards
Crittenden County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Crittenden Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Crittenden County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Crittenden Co. KYGenweb
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Military Records