Lyon County, Kentucky Records
Lyon County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 14, 1854 from Caldwell County. The county was named in honor of Chittenden Lyon, United States Representative from Kentucky (1827–1835) .
Lyon County is bordered by Crittenden County (north), Caldwell County (east), Trigg County (south), Marshall County (southwest), Livingston County (northwest).
Lyon County Cities and Towns include Eddyville, Kuttawa.
A Map of Lyon County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lyon County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Lyon County, KY Courthouse
The Lyon County Courthouse is located in Eddyville, Kentucky. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lyon county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lyon County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1854, Land Records from 1854 and Probate Records from 1847 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Lyon County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1854. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Lyon County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Lyon County Elected Officials
Lyon County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lyon County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Lyon County, Kentucky Resources
Lyon County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lyon County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Lyon Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Lyon County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Lyon County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Lyon Co. KYGenweb
- Lyon County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Lyon County, Kentucky Military Records