Clinton County, Indiana Records
Clinton County is bordered by Carroll County (north), Howard County (northeast), Tipton County (east), Hamilton County (southeast), Boone County (south), Montgomery County (southwest), Tippecanoe County (west)..
Clinton County Cities and Towns include Colfax, Frankfort, Kirklin, Michigantown, Mulberry, Rossville.
Clinton County Townships include Center, Forest, Jackson, Johnson, Kirklin, Madison, Michigan, Owen, Perry, Ross, Sugar Creek, Union, Warren, Washington. See Map of Clinton County Townships.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Indiana maps.
Clinton County, Indiana Courthouse Records
Clinton County, IN Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clinton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Clinton County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1830, Probate Records from 1830 and Court Records from 1829. The County Clerk responsiblities include administering Court Records of all Court Cases, prepares the Court's permanent historical record, performs marriage ceremonies, process marriage applications and issue marriage licenses, processes and distributes documents for court cases, and keeps a record of all wills and matters of trust in probate proceedings.
- Clinton County Recorder has Land Records from 1832. The County Recorder maintains, preserves and Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Final Decrees, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments.
- Clinton County Treasurer's Office is responsible for collecting taxes. The treasurer also receives distributions of local income and other taxes that are collected by the state such as real estate tax, personal property tax, mobile home tax, state assessed tax, and the following miscellaneous taxes: auto excise tax, inheritance tax, and innkeeper's tax.
- Clinton County Department of Health has Birth & Death Records from 1882. The County Department of Health maintains and provides Certified Birth and Death Records.
Clinton County, Indiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clinton County, Indiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1907 to present.
- Marriage Records: from 1958 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk.
- Locations: Indiana State Department of Health, 2 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204; PH: (317) 233-1325
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Clinton County, Indiana Resources
- State of Indiana Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Indiana
- Clinton County Historian, James Miller, P.O. Box 182, Rossville, IN 46065-0182; Home Phone: (765) 379-3970
- Clinton Genealogical Society, 208 West Clinton Street, Frankfort, IN 46041; Phone: (765) 654-8746
- Clinton County Historical Society and Museum
- Clinton County, Indiana Message Boards
Clinton County, Indiana External Links
- Indiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Clinton County, Indiana Books - Amazon
- Internet Archives online books for Clinton County
- Clinton County Newspaper Holdings at the Indiana State Library
- Clinton Co., Indiana - FindaGrave
- Indiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Clinton County, Indiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Indiana (1817 - 1930)
- Clinton Co. INGenweb
- Clinton County, Indiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Clinton County, Indiana Military Records