Boone County, Indiana Records
Boone County Cities and Towns include Advance, Jamestown, Lebanon, Thorntown, Ulen, Whitestown, Zionsville.
Boone County Townships include Center, Clinton, Eagle, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Marion, Perry, Sugar Creek, Union, Washington, Worth. See Map of Boone County Townships.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Indiana maps.
Boone County, Indiana Courthouse Records
Boone County, IN Courthouse
The Boone County Courthouse is located in Lebanon, Indiana. Courthouse destroyed by Fire in Oct. 1856, Practically all records lost. . Learn More About State of Indiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Boone county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Boone County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1831, Probate Records from 1846 and Court Records from 1846. The County Clerk responsiblities include administering Court Records of all Court Cases, prepares the Court's permanent historical record, performs marriage ceremonies, process marriage applications and issue marriage licenses, processes and distributes documents for court cases, and keeps a record of all wills and matters of trust in probate proceedings.
- Boone County Recorder has Land Records from 1856. The County Recorder maintains, preserves and Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Final Decrees, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments.
- Boone County Treasurer's Office is responsible for collecting taxes. The treasurer also receives distributions of local income and other taxes that are collected by the state such as real estate tax, personal property tax, mobile home tax, state assessed tax, and the following miscellaneous taxes: auto excise tax, inheritance tax, and innkeeper's tax.
- Boone County Department of Health has Birth & Death Records from 1882. The County Department of Health maintains and provides Certified Birth and Death Records.
Boone County, Indiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Boone County, Indiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Indiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1907 to present.
- Marriage Records: from 1958 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. See the County Clerk.
- Locations: Indiana State Department of Health, 2 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204; PH: (317) 233-1325
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Boone County, Indiana Resources
- State of Indiana Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Indiana
- Boone County Historian, Marianne Doyle, 635 W. Pine St., Zionsville, IN 46077-1765; Home Phone: (317) 873-2547
- Boone Historical Society
- Jackson Township Historical Society
- Sugar Creek Historical Society
- SullivanMunce Cultural Center
- Zionsville Historical Society, 635 W. Pine St., Zionsville, IN 46077-1637; Phone: (317) 873-2547
- Boone County, Indiana Message Boards
Boone County, Indiana External Links
- Indiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Boone County, Indiana Books - Amazon
- Internet Archives online books for Boone County
- Boone County Newspaper Holdings at the Indiana State Library
- Boone Co., Indiana - FindaGrave
- Indiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Boone County, Indiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Indiana (1817 - 1930)
- Boone Co. INGenweb
- Boone County, Indiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Boone County, Indiana Military Records