Pueblo County, Colorado Records
Pueblo County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 as one of the 17 original counties of the Territory of Colorado. Pueblo County was named after the historic town of Pueblo. Pueblo is a Spanish word meaning village or people.
Pueblo County is bordered by El Paso County (north), Lincoln County (northeast), Crowley County (east), Otero County (east), Las-Animas County (south), Huerfano County (southwest), Custer County (west), Fremont County (northwest).
Pueblo County Cities and Towns include Avondale, Beulah Valley, Boone, Colorado City, Pueblo, Pueblo Springs Ranch, Pueblo West, Rye, Salt Creek, Vineland.
A Map of Pueblo County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Colorado maps at MapGeeks.org
Pueblo County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Pueblo County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pueblo county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Pueblo County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1860 and has Land Records from 1861. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Pueblo County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1861 and has Court Records from 1861.
- Pueblo City-County Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1887–1901 / 1887–1907; Health Department has early vital records not found at Colorado Department of Health.
Pueblo County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pueblo County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Pueblo County, Colorado Resources
- Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy
- Southeastern Colorado Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Hispanic America
- Pueblo County Historical Society
- Pueblo County, Colorado Message Boards
Pueblo County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pueblo County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Pueblo Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pueblo County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Pueblo Co. COGenweb
- Pueblo County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Pueblo County, Colorado Military Records