Cullman County, Alabama Records
Cullman County, Alabama (Map It) was created on January 24, 1877 from portions of Blount County, Morgan County, and Winston County. Cullman county was named in honor of John G. Cullmann, a native of Germany who encouraged the immigration of Germans to northern Alabama.
Cullman County Cities and Towns include Arab, Ardell, Arkadelphia, Baileyton, Battleground, Berlin, Bethel, Bremen, Birdsong, Bolte, Brooklyn, Brushy Pond, Bug Tussle, Central, Clifty, Colony, Corinth, Crane Hill, Cullman, Dodge City, East Point, Etha, Fairview, Garden City, Goldridge, Good Hope, Goodwin, Hanceville, Harmony, Holly Pond, Jones Chapel, Joppa, Logan, Panama, Providence, Riverside, Simcoe, South Vinemont, Thrasher Crossroads, Trade, Trimble, Walter, Welti, West Point, Wheat, Wilburn.
A Map of Cullman County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Cullman County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Cullman County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cullman county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Cullman County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from ? and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Cullman County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1877, Probate Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1877.
- Cullman County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Cullman County Health Department has Birth Records from 1877, Death records from 1877.
Cullman County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cullman County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Cullman County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Cullman Historical Society
- Cullman Public Library
- Western Cullman County Heritage Pages
- North Central Alabama Genealogical Society
- Cullman County, Alabama Message Boards
Cullman County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Cullman County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Cullman Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Cullman Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Cullman County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Cullman County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Cullman County, Alabama Military Records