Campbell County, Virginia Records
Campbell County, Virginia (Map It) was created in December 15, 1781 from Bedford County . Campbell county was named for William Campbell, Revolutionary War general and one of the heroes of the Battle of Kings Mountain in 1780..
Campbell County Cities and Towns include Altavista, Brookneal, Rustburg and Timberlake.
Campbell County, Virginia Courthouse Records
Campbell County, VA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH . Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The Campbell County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, military discharges and court records.
- Campbell County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1782, Land Records from 1782, Court Records from 1782 and Probate Records from 1782.
- Campbell County Treasurer's Office
- Campbell County Commissioner of the Revenue
- Campbell County Health Department
- County and City Research in Virginia Guides and Indexes
Campbell County, Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (destroyed), 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: Virginia Heads of families 1790: records of the state enumerations, 1782 to 1785
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Campbell County, Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1853 to December 1896 and since June 14, 1912 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of surviving birth and death records for the period 1853 to 1896
- Marriage Records: from January 1853 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of marriage records prior to 1936.
- Divorce Records: from January 1918 to present.
- Locations: Virginia Office of Vital Statistics, Virginia State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: 2001 Maywill Street, Richmond, Virginia 23230
Campbell County, Virginia Resources
- State of Virginia Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Virginia
- Campbell County Historical Society
- Avoca Museums & Historical Society
- Staunton River Historical Society , Willie Hodges Booth Museum, P.O. Box 270, Brookneal, VA 24528
- South Central Virginia Genealogical Society
- Campbell County Public Library
- Campbell County, Virginia Message Boards
- Campbell County, Virginia Genealogy Forum
- Campbell County microfilmed holdings at The Library of Virginia
- Virginia Heritage - Guides to manuscript and Archival Collections in Campbell Co. Virginia
Campbell County, Virginia External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Virginia (1784 - 1922 )
- Campbell County, Virginia Books - Amazon
- Marriages of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1810
- Marriages and Deaths from Lynchburg, Virginia Newspapers, 1794-1836
- Using County and City Court Records in the Archives at the Library of Virginia
- Virginia County Records, Volume , VI, VII , IX, X The records in these series were compiled as part of a series known as the Virginia County Records . The volume includes wills, land grants, and marriage bonds as well as other miscellaneous information on early Virginia settlers.
- Campbell Co., Virginia - FindaGrave
- Campbell chronicles and family sketches : embracing the history of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926
- Campbell County, Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Campbell Co. VAGenweb
- Campbell County, Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Virginia Revolutionary War Units
- Campbell County, Virginia Military Records