Lamoille County, Vermont Records
Lamoille County, Vermont (Map It) was created on October 26, 1835 from Parts of Chittenden County, Franklin County, Orleans County and Washington County. This particular county was named after (meaning the seagull), named by French explorer Samuel de Champlain (~1570–1635). .
Lamoille County Cities and Towns include Belvidere, Cambridge, Eden, Elmore, Hyde Park, Johnson, Morristown (the largest town by population and the major commercial center for the county), Stowe, Moscow, Waterville, Wolcott.
The Town Maps of Lamoille County, Vermont contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lamoille County, Vermont Courthouse Records
Each town clerk's office holds the original deed, vital, tax, and town meeting records. Included in town or proprietor's meeting records are such valuable sources as lists of freemen (new voters in town), annual election of officers, school records, hog or cattle marks, warnings out to those for whom the town will not assume legal responsibility, militia, and accounts of various town officials.
Even though the political division of county has little meaning in Vermont, there are some county land records, primarily for unorganized towns, and county court records located at the appropriate county office.
Town Clerks also has copies of vital records birth, marriage, civil unions, divorce and death records.
Lamoille County Courthouse, 154 Main St, Hyde Park, VT 05655; (802) 888-2207, has Probate Records from 1837 to present.
- Belvidere Town Clerk, 3996 VT RTE 109, Belvidere, VT 05442 ; Phone: (802)644-6621
- Cambridge Town Clerk, P.O. Box 127, Jeffersonville, VT 05464 ; Phone: (802)644-2251
- Eden Town Clerk, 71 Old Schoolhouse Rd., Eden Mills, VT 05653 ; Phone: (802)635-2528
- Elmore Town Clerk, P.O. Box 123, Lake Elmore, VT 05657 ; Phone: (802)888-2637
- Hyde Park Town Clerk, P.O. Box 98, Hyde Park, VT 05655-0098; Phone: (802)888-2300
- Johnson Town Clerk, P.O. Box 383, Johnson, VT 05656 ; Phone: (802)635-2611
- Morristown Town Clerk, P. O. Box 748, Morrisville, VT 05661-0748; Phone: (802)888-6370
- Stowe Town Clerk, P.O. Box 248, Stowe, VT 05672 ; Phone: (802)253-6133
- Waterville Town Clerk, P.O. Box 31, Waterville, VT 05492 ; Phone: (802)644-8865
- Wolcott Town Clerk, P.O. Box 100, Wolcott, VT 05680 ; Phone: (802)888-2746
Lamoille County, Vermont Census Records
- Learn More: State of Vermont Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lamoille County, Vermont Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Vermont Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: for most recent 5 years. For records over 5 years old see the Vermont State Archives below
- Locations: Vermont Department of Health, Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA)
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vermont Department of Health, Vital Records Section, P.O. Box 70, 108 Cherry Street, Burlington, VT 05402; (802) 863-7275
Lamoille County, Vermont Resources
- Cambridge Historical Society
- Eden Historical Society
- Elmore Historical Society
- Hyde Park Historical Society
- Johnson Historical Society
- Morristown Historical Society, PO Box 1299, Morrisville, VT 05661 ; Phone: (802) 888-7617
- Stowe Historical Society
- Wolcott Historical Society, PO Box 100, Wolcott, VT 05680; Phone: (802) 888-2820 or (802) 888-2746
- Lamoille County, Vermont Message Boards
Lamoille County, Vermont External Links
- Vermont Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Vermont (1783–2006)
- Lamoille County, Vermont Books - Amazon
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. vii, town of Morristown
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. ii, town of Cambridge
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. v, town of Hyde Park
- Lamoille Co., Vermont - FindaGrave
- History of Stowe, Vermont : (from 1763 to 1934)
- History of the town of Johnson, Vt., 1784-1907
- Lamoille County, Vermont Links - Cyndi's List
- Lamoille Co. VTGenweb
- Lamoille County, Vermont Ancestry Database Collections
- Vermont, Enrolled Militia Records, 1861-1867 Index and images of Vermont enrolled militia records that identify thousands of young men who served in the military or who were eligible for service. Includes some corrected entries.
- Lamoille County, Vermont Military Records
- Gazetteer and business directory of Lamoille and Orleans Counties, Vt., for 1883-84