Blanco County, Texas Records
Blanco County, Texas (Map It) was created on Febuary 12, 1858 from Gillespie County, Burnet County, Comal County and Hays County. This county was named for the Blanco River (Blanco is Spanish for "white") .
Blanco County is bordered by Burnet County (north), Travis County (northeast), Hays County (east), Comal County (southeast), Kendall County (southwest), Gillespie County (west), Llano County (northwest).
Blanco County Cities and Towns include Blanco, Round Mountain, Johnson City..
A Map of Blanco County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Blanco County, Texas Courthouse Records
Blanco County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Blanco county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Blanco County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1876, Land Records from 1876, Probate Records from 1876 and Court Records from 1877. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Blanco County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Blanco County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Blanco County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Blanco County, Texas Resources
- Brazosport Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 813, Lake Jackson, TX 77566
- Blanco Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Blanco County, Texas Message Boards
Blanco County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Blanco County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Blanco Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Blanco Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Blanco County History
- Blanco County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Blanco Co. TXGenweb
- Blanco County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Blanco County, Texas Military Records