Rock County, Nebraska Records
Rock County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on May 23, 1857 from Brown County. The county was named in honor of for either Rock Creek, which flows in the county; or the rocky condition of the soil in the area.
Rock County Cities and Towns include Bassett, Newport.
A Map of Rock County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Rock County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Rock County, NE Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Rock county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Rock County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1884. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Rock County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1888. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Rock Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1888 and Court Records from 1887. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1887,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Rock County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Rock County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Rock County, Nebraska Resources
Rock County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Rock County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Rock Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Rock County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Rock Co. NEGenweb
- Rock County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Rock County, Nebraska Military Records