Sharkey County, Mississippi Records
Sharkey County, Mississippi (Map It) was created on March 29, 1876 from Warren County, Washington County and Issaquuena County. The county was named in honor of William L. Sharkey, Mississippi Supreme Court justice.
Sharkey County Cities and Towns include Rolling Fork, Anguilla, Cary.
A Map of Sharkey County, Mississippi contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Sharkey County, Mississippi Courthouse Records
Sharkey County, MS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Sharkey county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Sharkey County Chancery Court Clerk has Land Records from 1876, Probate Records from 1877 and Divorce Records from see Clerk. The County Chancery Court Clerk record all documents (warranty deeds, deed of trusts, military discharges, etc) to be in Public Land Records and create and maintain indexes for the documents filed in the land records, such as sectional indexes, direct/reverse indexes, etc. Maintain the Court dockets and file all records of the Court. Record and preserve court minute books. Submit divorce and other statistics to the Mississippi Department of Vital Records.
- Sharkey County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1876 and Court Records from 1877. The County Clerk of Circuit Court include Receiving and fileing all law suits, indictments, motions and other related papers in all Civil and Criminal Cases filed in the Circuit or County Courts. Keeps a record of all Judgments and Executions, Issues marriage licenses and keeps records of marriages.
- Sharkey County Tax Assessor / Collector maintain original tax records, both real and personal.
- Sharkey County Health Department has birth and death records from November 1, 1912. You may go to any county health department in the State of Mississippi to obtain a certificates can be issued while you wait.
Sharkey County, Mississippi Census Records
- Learn More: State of Mississippi Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Sharkey County, Mississippi Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Mississippi Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from November 1, 1912 to present
- Marriage Records: has statistical marriage records only from January 1926 to July 1, 1938, and since January 1942. to present
- Divorce Records: has divorce indexes from January 1926 to present
- Locations: Mississippi Office of Vital Statistics, Mississippi State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications..
- In Person: Mississippi Vital Records, State Dept of Health, 571 Stadium Dr., Jackson, MS 39215; (601) 576-7960
Sharkey County, Mississippi Resources
Sharkey County, Mississippi External Links
- Mississippi Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Sharkey County, Mississippi Books - Amazon
- Sharkey Co., Mississippi - FindaGrave
- Mississippi Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Sharkey County, Mississippi Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Mississippi (1818 - 1964)
- Sharkey Co. MSGenweb
- Sharkey County, Mississippi Ancestry Database Collections
- Sharkey County, Mississippi Military Records