Crow Wing County, Minnesota Records
Crow Wing County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on May 23, 1857 (Deorganized in 1867; Reorganized March 3, 1870) from Ramsey County. The county was named in honor of the Crow Wing River. Crow Wing is loose translation of Kagiwigwan, the Ojibway name for the river. A more accurate translation of this name may be "raven feather".
Crow Wing County Cities and Towns include Baxter, Brainerd, Breezy Point, Crosby, Crosslake, Cuyuna, Deerwood, Emily, Fifty Lakes, Fort Ripley, Garrison, Ironton, Jenkins, Manhattan Beach, Nisswa, Pequot Lakes, Riverton, Trommald.
Crow Wing County Townships include Bay Lake, Center, Crow Wing, Daggett Brook, Deerwood, Fairfield, Fort Ripley, Gail Lake, Garrison, Ideal, Irondale, Jenkins, Lake Edwards, Little Pine, Long Lake, Maple Grove, Mission, Nokay Lake, Oak Lawn, Pelican, Perry Lake, Platte Lake, Rabbit Lake, Roosevelt, Ross Lake, Sibley, St. Mathias, Timothy, Wolford Townships.
A Map of Crow Wing County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crow Wing County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Crow Wing County, MN Courthouse
The Crow Wing County Courthouse is located in Brainerd, Minnesota. In 1858 Crow Wing was disorganized and attached to Morrison County; in 1866 it was fully organized; again disestablished in 1867 and attached to Morrison County; in 1871 it was fully organized. Some early records may be found there. Learn More About State of Minnesota Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crow Wing county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Crow Wing County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1873, Marriage Records from 1871 and Land Records from 1857. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Crow Wing County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1874 and Court Records from 1871. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Crow Wing County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Crow Wing County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crow Wing County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Crow Wing County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Crow Wing County Historical Society and Museum
- Crow Wing County Genealogical Society
- Crosslake Area Historical Society
- Cuyuna Heritage Preservation Society
- Cuyuna Range Historical Society
- Central Minnesota Historical Center
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Genealogy Boards
Crow Wing County, Minnesota External Links
- Minnesota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Books - Amazon
- Crow Wing Co., Minnesota - FindaGrave
- Minnesota Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Minnesota (1849 - 1922)
- Crow Wing Co. MNGenweb
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Ancestry Database Collections
- Crow Wing County, Minnesota Military Records