Saline County, Kansas Records
Saline County, Kansas (Map It) was created on February 15, 1860 as one of the original 36 counties. The county was named for the Saline River, which flows through the county..
Saline County Cities and Towns include Salina, Solomon, Assaria, Gypsum, Brookville, Smolan, New Cambria.
A Map of Saline County, Kansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Saline County, Kansas Courthouse Records
Saline County, KS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Saline county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Saline County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1885-1915, Marriage Records from 1860 and Death Records from 1885-1915. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Saline County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 1859. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Saline County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1859 and Court Records from 1865. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- Saline County Treasurers Office by Kansas State law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the State, County, Cities and all other taxing entities that levy Ad Valorem and/or special assessment taxes. For the most part, tax records remain at the local level. Assessment and tax rolls are kept, permanently, by the County Treasurer's office.
Saline County, Kansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1855, Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1919-1961
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Saline County, Kansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to present
- Marriage Records: from May 1, 1913 to present.
- Divorce Records: from July 1, 1951 to present.
- Locations: Kansas Office of Vital Statistics, Curtis State Office Building, 1000 S W Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, KS 66612-2221; (785) 296-3253
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Saline County, Kansas Resources
- State of Kansas Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kansas
- Saline County Historical Society, 216 West Bond, Salina KS 67401
- Smoky Valley Genealogical Society
- Search for Saline Co. records at the Kansas State Archives
- Saline County, Kansas Message Boards
Saline County, Kansas External Links
- Kansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Saline County, Kansas Books - Amazon
- Saline Co., Kansas - FindaGrave
- Kansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Saline County, Kansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Saline County - Kansas Historical Society Biography
- Historical Newspapers from Kansas (1841–1981)
- Saline Co. KSGenweb
- Saline County, Kansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Saline County, Kansas Military Records