Dickinson County, Kansas Records
Dickinson County, Kansas (Map It) was created on February 20, 1857 from Unorganized Territory. The county was named in honor of Daniel Stevens Dickinson (1800-1866), U.S. Senator from New York and Kansas statehood advocate.
Dickinson County is bordered by Clay County (north), Geary County (east), Morris County (southeast), Marion County (south), McPherson County (southwest), Saline County (west), Ottawa County (northwest).
Dickinson County Cities and Towns include Abilene, Chapman, Delavan, Enterprise, Herington, Hope, Manchester, Navarre, Solomon, Talmage, Woodbine.
A Map of Dickinson County, Kansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dickinson County, Kansas Courthouse Records
Dickinson County, KS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dickinson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Dickinson County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1892-1911, Marriage Records from 1867 and Death Records from 1892-1911. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Dickinson County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 18?. Phone 785-263-3073 The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Dickinson County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 18? and Court Records from 1882. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- Dickinson County Treasurers Office by Kansas State law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the State, County, Cities and all other taxing entities that levy Ad Valorem and/or special assessment taxes. For the most part, tax records remain at the local level. Assessment and tax rolls are kept, permanently, by the County Treasurer's office.
Dickinson County, Kansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1855, Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1919-1961
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dickinson County, Kansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to present
- Marriage Records: from May 1, 1913 to present.
- Divorce Records: from July 1, 1951 to present.
- Locations: Kansas Office of Vital Statistics, Curtis State Office Building, 1000 S W Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, KS 66612-2221; (785) 296-3253
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Dickinson County, Kansas Resources
- State of Kansas Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kansas
- Dickinson County Historical Society
- Search for Dickinson Co. records at the Kansas State Archives
- Dickinson County, Kansas Message Boards
Dickinson County, Kansas External Links
- Kansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Dickinson County, Kansas Books - Amazon
- Dickinson Co., Kansas - FindaGrave
- Kansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Dickinson County, Kansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Dickinson County - Kansas Historical Society Biography
- Historical Newspapers from Kansas (1841–1981)
- Dickinson Co. KSGenweb
- Dickinson County, Kansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Dickinson County, Kansas Military Records