Baker County, Florida Records
Baker County, Florida (Map It) was created on February 8, 1861 from New River County. Baker County was named for James McNair Baker (1821–1892), a Confederate senator and later a judge in the fourth judicial district.
Baker County is bordered by Charlton County, Georgia (north), Ware County, Georgia (north), Nassau County (northeast), Duval County (east), Clay County (southeast), Union County (south), Bradford County (south), Columbia County (west), Clinch County, Georgia (northwest).
Baker County Cities and Towns include Macclenny Glen St. Mary.
A Map of Baker County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Baker Co. Historical Events:
- The principal battle of the Civil War in Florida was fought in this county at Olustee, the Federal forces being defeated and the interior of Florida saved from invasion. A monument marks the battlefield.
Baker County, Florida Courthouse Records
Baker County, FL Courthouse
Old Baker County Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Baker county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Baker County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1877, Land Records from 1877, Probate Records from 1877 and Court Records from 1880. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Baker County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Baker County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Baker County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Baker County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Baker County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Baker County Historical Society
- Baker County, Florida Message Boards
Baker County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Baker County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Baker Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Baker County Courthouse History
- Baker County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Baker Co. FLGenweb
- Baker County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Baker County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Baker County, Florida Military Records