Nevada County, Arkansas Records
Nevada County Cities and Towns include Bluff City, Bodcaw, Cale, Emmet, Prescott, Rosston, Willisville.
A Map of Nevada County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Nevada County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Nevada County, AR Courthouse
The Nevada County Courthouse is located in Prescott, Arkansas. Records complete from the organization of the county, but "for want of adequate vault space the records are only in a fair state of preservation. Learn More About State of Arkansas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Nevada county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Nevada County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1871, Land Records from 1871 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Nevada County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1871 and has Probate Records from 1871. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Nevada County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Nevada County Health Department
Nevada County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Nevada County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Nevada County, Arkansas Resources
Nevada County, Arkansas External Links
- Arkansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Nevada County, Arkansas Books - Amazon
- Nevada Co., Arkansas - FindaGrave
- Arkansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Nevada Co. ARGenweb
- Nevada County, Arkansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Arkansas (1819 - 1999)
- Nevada County, Arkansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Nevada County, Arkansas Military Records