Randolph County, Alabama Records
Randolph County, Alabama (Map It) was created on December 18, 1832 from former Creek Indian territory by the Creek Cession of 1832. Randolph county was named in honor of John Randolph (1773–1833), U.S. Senator from Virginia.
Randolph County is bordered by Cleburne County (north), Carroll County, Georgia (northeast), Heard County, Georgia (east), Troup County, Georgia (southeast), Chambers County (south), Tallapoosa County (southwest), Clay County (west).
Randolph County Cities and Towns include Roanoke, Rock Mills, Wadley, Wedowee, Woodland.
A Map of Randolph County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Randolph County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Randolph County, AL Courthouse
The Randolph County Courthouse is located in Wedowee, Alabama which was established in 1834-35. Randolph County's original 1836 log courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1897, as was the subsequent courthouse. The current courthouse was renovated in 2003 with nearly $100,000 in federal funds. There was record loss due to a courthouse fire in 1896 .
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Randolph county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Randolph County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1897 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Randolph County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1897, Probate Records from 1897 and Land Records from 1897.
- Randolph County Revenue Commissioner's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Randolph County Health Department has Birth Records from 1886, Death records from 1886.
Randolph County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Randolph County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Randolph County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Annie L Awbrey Public Library, 263 College Street, Roanoke AL 36274
- Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library
- AlaBenton Genealogical Society
- Northeast Alabama Genealogical Society
- Randolph County, Alabama Message Boards
Randolph County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Randolph County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Randolph Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Randolph Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Randolph County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Randolph County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Randolph County, Alabama Military Records