Bullock County, Alabama Records
Bullock County, Alabama (Map It) was created on December 5, 1866 from Barbour County, Macon County, Montgomery County and Pike County Counties, though its boundaries were changed in Feb 1867. Bullock county was named in honor of Confederate Col. Edward C. Bullock of Barbour County.
Bullock County Cities and Towns include Midway, Union Springs.
A Map of Bullock County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Bullock County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Bullock County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bullock county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Bullock County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1867 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Bullock County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1867, Probate Records from 1867 and Land Records from 1867.
- Bullock County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Bullock County Health Department has Birth and Death Records from 1908.
Bullock County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bullock County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Bullock County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Bullock County Historical Society, Box 563, Union Springs, AL 36089, Publication: BCHS Newsletter
- Union Springs Public Library, Phone 334-738-2760
- Bullock County, Alabama Message Boards
Bullock County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Bullock County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Bullock Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- History of Bullock County, Alabama
- Bullock Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Bullock County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Bullock County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Bullock County, Alabama Military Records