Cumberland County, Virginia Records
Cumberland County, Virginia (Map It) was created in March 23, 1748 from Goochland County . Cumberland county was named for Prince William, Duke of Cumberland, British general, politician, and son of King George II .
Cumberland County Cities and Towns include Cumberland.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Virginia maps.
Cumberland County, Virginia Courthouse Records
Cumberland County, VA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH . Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The Cumberland County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, military discharges and court records.
- Cumberland County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1749, Land Records from 1749, Court Records from 1749 and Probate Records from 1749.
- Cumberland County Treasurer's Office
- Cumberland County Health Department
- County and City Research in Virginia Guides and Indexes
Cumberland County, Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (destroyed), 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: Virginia Heads of families 1790: records of the state enumerations, 1782 to 1785
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cumberland County, Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1853 to December 1896 and since June 14, 1912 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of surviving birth and death records for the period 1853 to 1896
- Marriage Records: from January 1853 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of marriage records prior to 1936.
- Divorce Records: from January 1918 to present.
- Locations: Virginia Office of Vital Statistics, Virginia State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: 2001 Maywill Street, Richmond, Virginia 23230
Cumberland County, Virginia Resources
- State of Virginia Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Virginia
- Cumberland County Historical Society , P.O. Box 188, Cumberland, VA 23040; (804) 492-4533
- South Central Virginia Genealogical Society
- Cumberland County Public Library
- Cumberland County, Virginia Message Boards
- Cumberland County, Virginia Genealogy Forum
- Cumberland County microfilmed holdings at The Library of Virginia
- Virginia Heritage - Guides to manuscript and Archival Collections in Cumberland Co. Virginia
Cumberland County, Virginia External Links
- Virginia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Virginia (1784 - 1922 )
- Cumberland County, Virginia Books - Amazon
- Proceedings of the Committees of Safety of Cumberland and Isle of Wight Counties, Virginia, 1775-1776
- Using County and City Court Records in the Archives at the Library of Virginia
- Virginia County Records, Volume , VI, VII , IX, X The records in these series were compiled as part of a series known as the Virginia County Records . The volume includes wills, land grants, and marriage bonds as well as other miscellaneous information on early Virginia settlers.
- Cumberland Co., Virginia - FindaGrave
- Cumberland County, Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Cumberland Co. VAGenweb
- Cumberland County, Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Virginia Revolutionary War Units
- Cumberland County, Virginia Military Records