Nolan County, Texas Records
Nolan County, Texas (Map It) was created on August 21, 1876 from the Young Territory. This county was named for Philip Nolan (1771–1801), a mustanger who was killed by Spanish troops while on a mission into Texas.
Nolan County Cities and Towns include Blackwell , Roscoe, Sweetwater..
A Map of Nolan County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Nolan County, Texas Courthouse Records
Nolan County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Nolan county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Nolan County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1881, Land Records from 1881, Probate Records from 1881 and Court Records from 1881. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Nolan County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Nolan County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Nolan County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Nolan County, Texas Resources
- Nolan County Genealogical Assn., c/o County-City Library, P.O. Box 780, Sweetwater, TX 79556
- Nolan Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Nolan County, Texas Message Boards
Nolan County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Nolan County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Texas, Nolan County, Civil Court Minutes and Case Files, 1881-1938
- Nolan Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Nolan Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Nolan County History
- Nolan County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Nolan Co. TXGenweb
- Nolan County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Nolan County, Texas Military Records