Columbia County, Oregon Records
Columbia County is bordered by Clatsop County (west), Washington County (south), Multnomah County (southeast), Clark County, Washington (east), Cowlitz County, Washington (northeast), Wahkiakum County, Washington (northwest).
Columbia County Cities and Towns include Clatskanie, Columbia City, Prescott, Rainier, St. Helens, Scappoose, Vernonia. A Map of Columbia County, Oregon contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Columbia County, Oregon Courthouse Records
Columbia County, OR Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Columbia county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Columbia County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1854 and Land Records from 1850. The County Clerk has many duties which include vital statistics (births, deaths, marriage) and keeps a permanent public record of real estate transactions.
- Columbia County Circuit Court Clerk has Court Records from 1850 and Probate Records from 1854. The County Circuit Court Clerk has general jurisdiction over all civil and criminal cases, and typically handle cases beyond the jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts also handle divorce, child custody, disputes over title to land, probate matters, juvenile cases, guardianship, adoption, involuntary commitment, and requests for injunctions.
- Columbia County Records Inventory The Oregon Historical County Records Guide includes descriptions and listings for each type of record in the inventory. Each series description includes a title and a description of how the records are used (function); types of records that may be included in each category (physical content); type of information that may be found (informational content)
Columbia County, Oregon Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858, 1859, 1865, 1875, 1885, 1895, 1905.
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Columbia County, Oregon Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1903 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1911 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1925 to present
- Locations: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, Oregon State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, 800 NE Oregon Street, Ste 205, Portland, OR 97293; (971) 673-1190
Columbia County, Oregon Resources
- Columbia Gorge Genealogy Society
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide
- Columbia County, Oregon Message Boards
- Columbia County, Oregon Genealogy Boards
Columbia County, Oregon External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Oregon (1816 - 1923)
- Columbia County, Oregon Books - Amazon
- Columbia County Records, 1854-1958
- 1860 Columbia County, Oregon census
- Columbia Co., Oregon - FindaGrave
- Columbia County, Oregon Links - Cyndi's List
- Columbia Co. ORGenweb
- Columbia County, Oregon Ancestry Database Collections
- Columbia County, Oregon Military Records
- Oregon City Directories