Clatsop County, Oregon Records
Clatsop County, Oregon (Map It) was created on June 22, 1844 from the original Twality District. The county was named for the Clatsop tribe of Native Americans, who lived along the coast of the Pacific Ocean prior to European settlement..
Clatsop County Cities and Towns include Astoria, Cannon Beach, Gearhart, Seaside, Warrenton.
A Map of Clatsop County, Oregon contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Clatsop County, Oregon Courthouse Records
Clatsop County, OR Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Clatsop county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Clatsop County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1851 and Land Records from 1849. The County Clerk has many duties which include vital statistics (births, deaths, marriage) and keeps a permanent public record of real estate transactions.
- Clatsop County Circuit Court Clerk has Court Records from 1847 and Probate Records from 1847. The County Circuit Court Clerk has general jurisdiction over all civil and criminal cases, and typically handle cases beyond the jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts also handle divorce, child custody, disputes over title to land, probate matters, juvenile cases, guardianship, adoption, involuntary commitment, and requests for injunctions.
- Clatsop County Records Inventory The Oregon Historical County Records Guide includes descriptions and listings for each type of record in the inventory. Each series description includes a title and a description of how the records are used (function); types of records that may be included in each category (physical content); type of information that may be found (informational content)
Clatsop County, Oregon Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1842, 1843, 1845, 1849, 1853, 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858, 1859, 1865, 1875, 1885, 1895, 1905.
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Clatsop County, Oregon Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1903 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1911 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1925 to present
- Locations: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, Oregon State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, 800 NE Oregon Street, Ste 205, Portland, OR 97293; (971) 673-1190
Clatsop County, Oregon Resources
- Clatsop Co. Historical Society
- Clatsop Co. Genealogical Society
- Clatsop County, Oregon Message Boards
- Clatsop County, Oregon Genealogy Boards
Clatsop County, Oregon External Links
- Oregon Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Oregon (1816 - 1923)
- Clatsop County, Oregon Books - Amazon
- Clatsop Co., Oregon - FindaGrave
- Astoria, or, Anecdotes of an enterprise beyond the Rocky Mountains
- Clatsop County, Oregon Links - Cyndi's List
- Clatsop Co. ORGenweb
- Clatsop County, Oregon Ancestry Database Collections
- Clatsop County, Oregon Military Records
- Oregon City Directories