Gage County, Nebraska Records
Gage County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on March 16, 1855 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory. The county was named in honor of William D. Gage, a Methodist minister who served as chaplain of the state legislature at the time the county was established.
Gage County is bordered by Lancaster County (north), Otoe County (northeast), Johnson County (northeast), Pawnee County (southeast), Marshall County, Kansas (southeast), Washington County, Kansas (southwest), Jefferson County (west), Saline County (northwest).
Gage County Cities and Towns include Adams, Barneston, Beatrice, Blue Springs, Clatonia, Cortland, Filley, Liberty, dell, Pickrell, Virginia, Wymore.
Gage County Townships include Adams, Barneston, Blakely, Blue Springs-Wymore, Clatonia, Elm, Filley, Glenwood, Grant, Hanover, Highland, Holt, Hooker, Island Grove, Liberty, Lincoln, Logan, Midland, Nemaha, Paddock, Riverside, Rockford, Sherman, Sicily.
A Map of Gage County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Gage County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Gage County, NE Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Gage county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Gage County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1860. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Gage County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1858. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Gage Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1855 and Court Records from 1857. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1857,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Gage County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Gage County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Gage County, Nebraska Resources
Gage County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Gage County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Gage Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Gage County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Gage Co. NEGenweb
- Gage County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Gage County, Nebraska Military Records