Antelope County, Nebraska Records
Antelope County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on March 01, 1871 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory. The county was named for the Pronghorn, often called antelope.
Antelope County Cities and Towns include Brunswick, Clearwater, Elgin, Neligh, akdale, rchard, Royal, Tilden .
Antelope County Townships include Bazile, Blaine, Burnett, Cedar, Clearwater, Crawford, Custer, Eden, Elgin, Ellsworth, Elm, Frenchtown, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Logan, Neligh, Oakdale, Ord, Royal, Sherman, Stanton, Verdigris, Willow.
A Map of Antelope County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Antelope County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Antelope County, NE Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Antelope county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Antelope County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1876. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Antelope County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1871. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Antelope Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1871 and Court Records from 1871. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1871,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Antelope County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Antelope County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Antelope County, Nebraska Resources
Antelope County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Antelope County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Antelope Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Antelope County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Antelope Co. NEGenweb
- Antelope County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Antelope County, Nebraska Military Records