Flathead County, Montana Records
Flathead County is bordered by Regional District of East Kootenay, British Columbia (north), Glacier County (east), Pondera County (east), Teton County (east), Lewis and Clark County (south), Powell County (south), Missoula County (south), Lake County (south), Sanders County (southwest), Lincoln County (west).
Flathead County Cities and Towns include Columbia Falls, Kalispell, Whitefish. A Map of Flathead County, Montana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Flathead County, Montana Courthouse Records
Flathead County, MT Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Flathead county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Flathead County Clerk and Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1896 / 1907 and Land Records from 1893. The County Clerk and Recorder responsibilities include but are not limited to, recording and maintaining the majority of all the legal documents relating to real estate records, land descriptions, plats and surveys, county birth and death records and the records of the Board of County commissioners.
- Flathead County Clerk of District Court has Marriage / Divorce Records from 1892, Probate Records from 1893 and Court Records from 1893. The County Clerk of District Court is responsible for all District Court records. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. The clerk also issues, files and records all Madison County Marriage license applications and license.
Flathead County, Montana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Flathead County, Montana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from late 1907 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: indexes from July 1943 to present. Copies of marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services, 111 North Sanders, Rm 209, Helena, MT 59604-4210; (406) 444-2685
Flathead County, Montana Resources
- Flathead Valley Genealogical Society
- Stumptown Historical Society
- Flathead County, Montana Message Boards
- Flathead County, Montana Genealogy Boards
Flathead County, Montana External Links
- Montana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Flathead County, Montana Books - Amazon
- Flathead Co., Montana - FindaGrave
- Flathead County, Montana Links - Cyndi's List
- Montana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Historical Newspapers from Montana (1866–1922)
- Flathead Co. MTGenweb
- Flathead County, Montana Ancestry Database Collections
- Flathead County, Montana Military Records