Putnam County, Missouri Records
Putnam County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 28, 1845 from Adair County and Sullivan County. The county was named in honor of Israel Putnam (1718–1790), an American army general who fought with distinction at the Battle of Bunker Hill during the American Revolutionary War.
Putnam County Cities and Towns include Lemons, Livonia, Lucerne, Powersville, Unionville, Worthington.
A Map of Putnam County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Putnam County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Putnam County, MO Courthouse
The Putnam County Courthouse is located in Unionville, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Putnam county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Putnam County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1849 and Land Records from 1847.
- Putnam County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1853 and Court & Divorce Records from 1855.
- Putnam County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1878–1907 .
- Putnam County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Putnam County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Putnam County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Putnam County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Putnam County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Putnam County Historical Society
- Worthington Historical Society
- Putnam County, Missouri Message Boards
- Putnam County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Putnam County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Putnam County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Putnam Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Putnam County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Putnam County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Putnam Co. MOGenweb
- Putnam County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Putnam County, Missouri Military Records