St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Records
St. Tammany Parish is bordered by Washington Parish (north), Pearl River County, Mississippi (northeast), Hancock County, Mississippi (east), Orleans Parish (south and southeast), Jefferson Parish (southwest), Tangipahoa Parish (west).
St. Tammany Parish Cities and Towns include Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, Abita Springs, Madisonville, Pearl River, Folsom, Sun.
A Map of St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
St. Tammany Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St. Tammany parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- St. Tammany Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1812, Land Records from 1810, Probate Records from 1812 and Court Records from 1812. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed. For genealogy Records prior to 1810, please visit the Louisiana State Archives.
St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Resources
- St. Tammany Historical Society
- St. Tammany Genealogical Society
- St. Tammany Parish Genealogy and Local History Research - Archives Department
- Madisonville Heritage Ctr, Madisonville 70447
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- St. Tammany Parish LAGenweb
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana Military Records