Livingston Parish, Louisiana Records
Livingston Parish Cities and Towns include Albany, Denham Springs, French Settlement, Killian, Livingston, Port Vincent, Springfield, Walker.
A Map of Livingston Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Livingston Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Livingston Parish, LA Courthouse
The Livingston Parish Courthouse is located in Livingston, Louisiana. On October 15, 1875, the parish courthouse at Port Vincent burned, apparently destroying the official records which were maintained there. Learn More About State of Louisiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Livingston parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Livingston Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1875, Land Records from 1875, Probate Records from 1875 and Court Records from 1875. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Livingston Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Livingston Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Livingston Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Edward Livingston Historical Association, P.O. Box 67, Livingston, LA 70754-0067
- French Settlement Historical Society
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Livingston Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Livingston Parish LAGenweb
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana Military Records