Cameron Parish, Louisiana Records
Cameron Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 15, 1870 from Calcasieu Parish and Vermilion Parish. The parish was named in honor of U.S. Secretary of War Simon Cameron..
Cameron Parish is bordered by Calcasieu Parish (northwest), Jefferson Davis Parish (northeast), Vermilion Parish (east), Jefferson County, Texas (southwest), Orange County, Texas (west).
Cameron Parish has no incorporated municipalities.
A Map of Cameron Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cameron Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Cameron Parish, LA Courthouse
The Cameron Parish Courthouse is located in Cameron, Louisiana. Learn More About State of Louisiana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cameron parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Cameron Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1870, Land Records from 1870, Probate Records from 1870 and Court Records from 1870. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Cameron Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cameron Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Cameron Parish, Louisiana Resources
Cameron Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Cameron Parish LAGenweb
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Cameron Parish, Louisiana Military Records