Assumption Parish, Louisiana Records
Assumption Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 31, 1807 from Lafourche County, Louisana Territory, as one of the original 19 parishes. The parish was named for the Assumption Roman Catholic Church, the oldest in the state ..
Assumption Parish is bordered by Iberville Parish (north, Ascension Parish (north), St. James Parish (northeast), Lafourche Parish (east), Terrebonne Parish (southeast), St. Mary Parish (southwest), Iberia Parish (northwest), St. Martin Parish (west).
Assumption Parish Cities and Towns include Napoleonville.
A Map of Assumption Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Assumption Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Assumption Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Assumption parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Assumption Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1800, Land Records from 1788, Probate Records from 1788 and Court Records from 1788. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Assumption Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Assumption Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Assumption Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Terrebonne Genealogical Society
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Assumption Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Assumption Parish LAGenweb
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Assumption Parish, Louisiana Military Records