Washington County, Kentucky Records
Washington County Cities and Towns include Mackville, Springfield, Willisburg, Manton.
A Map of Washington County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Washington County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Washington County, KY Courthouse
The Washington County Courthouse is located in Springfield, Kentucky. Two fires, one in 1795, and the second in 1814 destroyed courthouses, though some records were saved. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Washington county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Washingtond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1792, Land Records from 1792 and Probate Records from 1792 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Washington County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1792. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Washington County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Washington County Elected Officials
Washington County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Washington County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Washington County, Kentucky Resources
- Washington County Genealogical Society, 210 E. Main Street, Springfield KY 40069
- Washington County, Kentucky Message Boards
Washington County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Washington County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Washington Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Washington County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Washington County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Washington Co. KYGenweb
- Washington County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Washington County, Kentucky Military Records