Santa Rosa County, Florida Records
Santa Rosa County, Florida (Map It) was created on February 18, 1842 from Escambia County. Santa Rosa County was named for Santa Rosa Island, which is in turn named for Saint Rosa de Viterbo (1235–1252), a saint born in Viterbo,Italy.
Santa Rosa County Cities and Towns include Gulf Breeze, Jay, Milton.
A Map of Santa Rosa County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Santa Rosa Co. Historical Events:
- There were some Spanish settlers here before the American occupation.
- Here was established Florida's first cotton factory, near Milton in 1846.
- Spanish overland expedition consisting of Governor Laureano de Torres Y Avala, seeking for Pensacola Bay, passed through here in the Summer of 1693.
Santa Rosa County, Florida Courthouse Records
Santa Rosa County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Santa Rosa county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Santa Rosa County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1869, Land Records from 1869, Probate Records from 1878 and Court Records from 1869. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Santa Rosa County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Santa Rosa County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Santa Rosa County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Santa Rosa County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Santa Rosa County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Santa Rosa County, Florida Message Boards
Santa Rosa County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Santa Rosa County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Santa Rosa Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Santa Rosa County Courthouse History
- Santa Rosa County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Santa Rosa Co. FLGenweb
- Santa Rosa County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Santa Rosa County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Santa Rosa County, Florida Military Records