Okaloosa County, Florida Records
Okaloosa County, Florida (Map It) was created on June 3, 1915 from Santa Rosa County and Walton County. Okaloosa County was named for the native word meaning "a pleasant place," "black water", or "beautiful place".
Okaloosa County Cities and Towns include Cinco Bayou, Crestview, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Laurel Hill, Mary Esther, Niceville, Shalimar, Valparaiso.
A Map of Okaloosa County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Okaloosa Co. Historical Events:
- It is a land of rolling hills, forest and farm land, with fine gulf beaches.
- Spanish expedition consisting of Governor Laureano de Torrs Y. Ayala and others passed through this section June, 1693.
- Beginning of blueberry culture through domestication of wild plants 1894-96.
Okaloosa County, Florida Courthouse Records
Okaloosa County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Okaloosa county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Okaloosa County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1915, Land Records from 1915, Probate Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Okaloosa County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Okaloosa County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Okaloosa County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Okaloosa County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Okaloosa County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Okaloosa County Genealogical Society of
- Okaloosa County, Florida Message Boards
Okaloosa County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Okaloosa County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Okaloosa Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Okaloosa County Courthouse History
- Okaloosa County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Okaloosa Co. FLGenweb
- Okaloosa County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Okaloosa County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Okaloosa County, Florida Military Records