Holmes County, Florida Records
Holmes County Cities and Towns include Bonifay Esto, Noma, Ponce de Leon, Westville.
A Map of Holmes County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Holmes County, Florida Courthouse Records
Holmes County, FL Courthouse
The Holmes County Courthouse is located in Bonifay, Florida. Courthouse at Cerro Gordo also burned at least once in the 1870's. Westville Courthouse burned in 1902, and most early county records perished with it. Learn More About State of Florida Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Holmes county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Holmes County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1902, Land Records from 1900, Probate Records from 1902 and Court Records from 1900. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Holmes County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Holmes County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Holmes County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Holmes County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Holmes County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Holmes County Historical Society, 412 W. Kansas, Bonifay, FL 32425
- Holmes County, Florida Message Boards
Holmes County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Holmes County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Holmes Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Holmes County Courthouse History
- Holmes County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Holmes Co. FLGenweb
- Holmes County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Holmes County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Holmes County, Florida Military Records