Jefferson County, Colorado Records
Jefferson County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 as one of the 17 original counties of the Territory of Colorado . Jefferson County was named in honor of Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), the author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States.
Jefferson County is bordered by Boulder County (north), City and County of Broomfield (northeast), Adams County (east), City and County of Denver (east), Arapahoe County (east), Douglas County (east), Teller County (south), Park County (southwest), Clear Creek County (west), Gilpin County (northwest).
Jefferson County Cities and Towns include Arvada, Edgewater, Golden (County Seat), Lakewood, Littleton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Evergreen, Colorado, Applewood, Aspen Park, Columbine, Conifer, East Pleasant View, Evergreen, Genesee, Indian Hills, Ken Caryl, Kittredge.
A Map of Jefferson County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jefferson County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Jefferson County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jefferson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.A small part was annexed to Park, 1903
- Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1874–76 and since 1881 and has Land Records from 1861?. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Jefferson County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1861? and has Court Records from 1861?.
- Jefferson County Public Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1893–1906
Jefferson County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Jefferson County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Jefferson County, Colorado Resources
- Columbine Genealogical And Historical Society
- Foothills Genealogical Society Of Colorado
- Littleton Historical Society
- Jefferson County, Colorado Message Boards
Jefferson County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Jefferson County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Jefferson Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Jefferson County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Jefferson Co. COGenweb
- Jefferson County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Jefferson County, Colorado Military Records