Henry County, Alabama Records
Henry County, Alabama (Map It) was created on December 13, 1819 from Conecuh County. The original county was vast in size, until its boundaries were reduced by the establishment of the counties of Pike County and Covington County in 1821, by Dale County in 1824, by Barbour County in 1832 and Houston County in 1903. Henry county was named in honor of Patrick Henry (1736–1799), Revolutionary War patriot and Governor of Virginia.
Henry County Cities and Towns include Abbeville, Barnes, Dothan, Haleburg, Capps, Browntown, Headland, Newville, Snells Crossroads.
A Map of Henry County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Henry County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Henry County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Henry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Henry County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1822 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Henry County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1823, Probate Records from 1822 and Land Records from 1819.
- Henry County Revenue Commissioner's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Henry County Health Department has Birth Records from 1931 , Death records from 1931.
Henry County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Henry County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Henry County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Henry County Historical Society
- Henry County, Alabama Message Boards
Henry County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Henry County, Alabama Books - Amazon
- Henry Co., Alabama - FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Henry Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 - 2003)
- Henry County, Alabama Links - Cyndi's List
- Henry County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Henry County, Alabama Military Records