Pleasants County, West Virginia Records
Pleasants County, West Virginia (Map It) was created on March 29, 1851 from portions of Ritchie County, Tyler County and Wood County. The county was named in honor of James Pleasants, Jr. (1769-1839), U.S. Senator (VA) and Governor of Virginia.
A Map of Pleasants County, West Virginia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pleasants County Cities and Towns include Belmont, Eureka, Saint Marys, Willow Island
Pleasants County, West Virginia Courthouse Records
Pleasants County, WV Courthouse
The Pleasants County Courthouse is located in Saint Marys, West Virginia. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pleasants county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Until 1863 West Virginia was part of Virginia, See Virginia State Records for Info and links for years prior to 1863.
- Pleasants County Clerk has Birth / Death Records from 1853, Marriage Records from 1853, Land Records from 1851 and Probate Records from 1852.
- Pleasants County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1851.
Pleasants County, West Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of West Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Virginia, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1607-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pleasants County, West Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of West Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1917 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1921 to present.
- Divorce Records: from 1968 to present
- Locations: West Virginia Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Registration, Division of Health, 350 Capitol St, Rm 165, Charleston, WV 25301-3701; (304) 558-2931; Info: (304) 558-2931
Pleasants County, West Virginia Resources
- Pleasants County Historical Society
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Message Boards
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Genealogy Boards
Pleasants County, West Virginia External Links
- West Virginia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from West Virginia (1808 - 1904)
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Books - Amazon
- Pleasants Co., West Virginia - FindaGrave
- Pleasants County Encyclopedia
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Pleasants Co. WVGenweb
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Pleasants County, West Virginia Military Records