San Patricio County, Texas Records
San Patricio County, Texas (Map It) was created on March 17, 1836 as one of the original 23 counties . This county was named for its former county seat San Patricio de Hibernia, an Irish colony named for Saint Patrick.
San Patricio County Cities and Towns include Aransas Pass, Gregory, Ingleside, Ingleside on the Bay, Lake City, Lakeside, Mathis, Odem, Portland, Sinton, Taft..
A Map of San Patricio County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
San Patricio County, Texas Courthouse Records
San Patricio County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in San Patricio county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Many records were destroyed by fires in 1846, 1867 and 1888.
- San Patricio County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1858, Land Records from 1846, Probate Records from 1847 and Court Records from 1848. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- San Patricio County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
San Patricio County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: Republic of Texas Poll Lists for 1846
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
San Patricio County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
San Patricio County, Texas Resources
- South Texas Genealogical Society, Inc.
- San Patricio Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- San Patricio County, Texas Message Boards
San Patricio County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- San Patricio County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- San Patricio Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- San Patricio Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- San Patricio County History
- San Patricio County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- San Patricio Co. TXGenweb
- San Patricio County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Aransas, Texas Crew Lists, 1912-1965
- Texas, Naturalization Records, 1906-1989
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- San Patricio County, Texas Military Records