Jim Wells County, Texas Records
Jim Wells County Cities and Towns include Alice, Orange Grove, Premont, San Diego.. A Map of Jim Wells County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jim Wells County, Texas Courthouse Records
Jim Wells County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jim Wells county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Jim Wells County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1911, Marriage Records from 1911, Land Records from 1911, Probate Records from 1911 and Court Records from 1911. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Jim Wells County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Jim Wells County, Texas Census Records
Jim Wells County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Jim Wells County, Texas Resources
Jim Wells County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Jim Wells County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Jim Wells Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Jim Wells Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Jim Wells County History
- Jim Wells County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Jim Wells Co. TXGenweb
- Jim Wells County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Jim Wells County, Texas Military Records