Lynn County, Texas Records
Lynn County, Texas (Map It) was created on August 21, 1876 from the Young Territory. This county was named for William Lynn, a soldier in the Texas Revolution from Massachusetts who is believed to have died defending the Alamo .
Lynn County is bordered by Lubbock County (north), Garza County (east), Borden County (southeast), Dawson County (south), Terry County (west).
Lynn County Cities and Towns include New Home, O'Donnell, Tahoka, Wilson..
A Map of Lynn County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lynn County, Texas Courthouse Records
Lynn County, TX Courthouse
The Lynn County Courthouse is located in Tahoka, Texas. Learn More About State of Texas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lynn county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Some early records prior to organization on April 7, 1903 may be located in Young County, Throckmorton County, Howard County, Mitchell County, Crosby County and Lubbock County
- Lynn County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1903, Land Records from 1903, Probate Records from 1903 and Court Records from 1903. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Lynn County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Lynn County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lynn County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Lynn County, Texas Resources
Lynn County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Lynn County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Lynn Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Lynn Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Lynn County History
- Lynn County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Lynn Co. TXGenweb
- Lynn County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Lynn County, Texas Military Records