Borden County, Texas Records
Borden County, Texas (Map It) was created on November 19, 1876 from Bosque County. This county was named for Gail Borden, Jr. (1801–1874), businessman, publisher, surveyor, and inventor of condensed milk.
Borden County is bordered by Garza County (north), Scurry County (east), Mitchell County (southeast), Howard County (south), Dawson County (west), Lynn County (northwest) .
Borden County Cities and Towns include None..
A Map of Borden County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Borden County, Texas Courthouse Records
Borden County, TX Courthouse
The Borden County Courthouse is located in Gail, Texas. Learn More About State of Texas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Borden county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Some early records prior to organization on March 17, 1891 may be located in Shackelford County, Mitchell County and Howard County
- Borden County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1891, Land Records from 1891, Probate Records from 1891 and Court Records from 1891. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Borden County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Borden County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Borden County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Borden County, Texas Resources
- Borden County Historical Commission, Box 23, Gail, TX 79738
- Borden County Historical Society, Po Box 71, Gail, Texas 79738-0071
- Borden Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Borden County, Texas Message Boards
Borden County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Borden County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Borden Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Borden Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Borden County History
- Borden County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Borden Co. TXGenweb
- Borden County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Borden County, Texas Military Records