Callahan County, Texas Records
Callahan County, Texas (Map It) was created on Febuary 1, 1858 from Travis County, Bexar County and Non-County Area . This county was named for James Hughes Callahan, a soldier during the Texas Revolution .
Callahan County Cities and Towns include Baird, Belle Plain, Callahan City, Clyde, Cottonwood, Cross Plains, Eula, Putnam..
A Map of Callahan County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Callahan County, Texas Courthouse Records
Callahan County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Callahan county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Callahan County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1878, Land Records from 1878, Probate Records from 1878 and Court Records from 1879. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Callahan County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Callahan County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: Republic of Texas Poll Lists for 1846
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Callahan County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Callahan County, Texas Resources
Callahan County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Callahan County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Callahan Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Callahan Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Callahan County History
- Callahan County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Callahan Co. TXGenweb
- Callahan County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Callahan County, Texas Military Records